Veterinary Nutritionists strive to identify proactive regimens that enable patients to live vibrant, healthy lives for as long as possible.
Good nutrition is a cornerstone for overall pet health and aids recovery from illness and injury. Veterinary Nutritionists use an evidence-based approach and specialized animal nutrition training to help companion animals reach their full potential.
The Nutrition Consultation
A nutrition consultation begins with an assessment of your pet’s specific needs, in concert with your primary care veterinarian or a specialist, and provides a comprehensive nutrition plan that directly addresses your pet’s specific dietary requirements with a practical approach. Whether your pet is a couch potato, recovering from an illness or injury, or is a high-performance athlete, a nutrition consultation will help your companion be their best.
Supplements and nutraceuticals are a rapidly growing area of veterinary medicine that can be confusing for both veterinarians and owners alike. When consulting about supplements, you will be provided with safe supplements tailored to your pet’s unique concerns.
Veterinary Nutrition Services Include:
- Homemade diet formulation
- Commercial diet recommendations
- Critical care nutrition
- Weight loss programs
- Supplement consultation and evaluation
- Diet evaluation
- Providing clients and veterinarians with scientific, safe and unbiased companion animal nutrition information.
Common diagnoses and concerns that benefit from a nutrition consultation:
- Kidney disease
- Bladder stones
- Liver Disease
- Orthopedic disease (dysplasias, and arthritis)
- Heart disease
- Weight management
- Gastrointestinal disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Chronic diarrhea or vomiting
- Protein losing enteropathy
- Short bowel syndrome
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disorder
- Hyperlipidemia and hypertriglyceridemia (High serum fat levels)
- Food allergic dermatitis
- Growing animals
- Healthy animals
- Choosing a diet for your pet can be confusing and the internet can be more harmful than helpful in the decision-making process. Let us help you!
- Expert guidance on homemade or raw food diets.
We look forward to the opportunity to partner with you to meet your pet’s nutritional needs.